Friday, July 19, 2013

Chocolate Peanut-Butter Energy Bars

My assistant made me some great protein bars the other week and after I ate them all, I had to make some more.  I normally do not "share" recipes or even talk about it but I thought I would share this one...(please don't judge me).  I made some changes to the recipe...they are pretty stinkin' good.  Here's the adjusted recipe:

CHOCOLATE PEANUT-BUTTER ENERGY BARS
1/2 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour (w/ flax seed)
Add some Chia Seed - I guessed, around a 1/8 cup
1/2 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. ground cinnamon
1 Cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teas. of pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups of rolled oats
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350, spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in one bowl (I added Chia Seed as well).
3. Mix together the other ingredients in another bowl, then combine both bowls.
4. Spread in the pan, bake 20-25 minutes, cool, then cut into around 24 bars.
5. Mine do not look like the picture, but were still good...

I had a great week of workouts this week:
Sunday - 1.2 Mile Swim / 90 Minute Run
Monday - 2250 yard Swim / 80 Minute indoor bike
Tuesday - Strength Training / 75 Minute indoor bike drills
Wednesday - 1000 yard swim / 1:45 Hour Run
Thursday - 80 minute indoor bike
Friday - 4.5 Hours outdoor bike ride 
Saturday - OFF

3 Months, 28 Days until Ironman Arizona 140.6

No comments:

Post a Comment